Honorary Life Membership Guidelines
Southport Golf Club recognizes Honorary Life Membership as the most prestigious award available to a Member the Club. It is bestowed upon individual Members who have provided exceptional, loyal and outstanding service and contribution to the Club over an extended period of time.
- Any current fully financial member can nominate any member for consideration by the Board with the nomination seconded by at least one member.
2. Nominations in writing should outline the nominator’s reasons for proposing the candidate and should meet the guidelines stated in the criteria.
3. Honorary Life Membership cannot be nominated by or supported by a family member.
4. In the event of a nominee serving on the Board at the time of nomination, the nominee will not be eligible to participate in any deliberation relating to the nomination.
5. The nomination will be reviewed by the Board at the next available Board meeting.
6. The Board will present the nomination to the Annual General Meeting for determination.
7. The granting of Honorary Life Membership and the recipient’s service to the Club will be publicized through the Club’s Media and Communication tools.
- Granting Honorary Life Membership is a balancing exercise, with the following criteria being provided as guidance.
- The nominee will have demonstrated an exceptional contribution of service to the club over an extended period which has had demonstrated & measurable benefit to the Club and membership.
- The nominee should be considered individually and on their personal attributes and achievements, and not in comparison to others.
- The nominee has been a member for a continuous period of over twenty years.
- The nominee must have served a minimum 9 years in specific roles that contribute to the benefit of the Club- these roles may include service to the Board, fund-raising, promotional role, volunteering, mentoring, assistance with new member and social functions.
- The nominee may have represented the Club with distinction in the broader golfing community and various governing bodies.
- The nominee may have represented the Club as a player in local, regional or national competitions.
- The nominee has demonstrated an attitude and demeanor that reflects dedication to the values of the club including good sportsmanship and community spirit.
- The nominee has been regarded as a role model within the club and displayed valued leadership.
Benefits of Honorary Life Membership
1. Full Membership for life without fees.
2. Recognition on the Club Honour Board.