Work, Health and Safety
The Board and Management of Southport Golf Club consider the safety, welfare and health of our members, staff, volunteers, and visitors to be our highest priority. We will be responsible and accountable for the identification, assessment and control of all foreseeable hazards within our control associated with the operation of our club. We will embed Work, Health and Safety (WHS) controls and practises into the daily management of our facility and provide our people with the necessary training and resources to fulfil their WHS responsibilities.
Southport Golf Club Management will achieve this goal by:
- Implementing and continually improving our safety management system. We aim to meet the requirements of the QLD WHS Act and Regulations 2001 and the AS/NZS 4801.
- Implementing shared WHS responsibilities throughout the club. Decision makers responsibilities and accountabilities will be stated in the duties of all members and staff.
- Establishing clear lines of communication and reporting throughout the Club.
- Promoting continual improvement by setting regular opportunities for auditing, inspections and feedback, encouraging all staff and members to identify hazards, and reduce the risk of injury.
- Providing members and staff with educational programs and resources that will facilitate the risk management process.
- Requiring all contractors and suppliers are aware of our WHS procedures and meet our high health and safety standards.
- Requiring all current Board members, Committee members, and Staff read and commit to this policy.